Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 25, 2008

Good week of Training

What's up planet earth! Just checking in with you after another great week of training. It was a slow week for me on the bike since I did a 12-hr Race. I had to pull out of a race after I overdosed on the salt solution that goes into everyone of my bottles. Here are some highlights from the race.

Normally, after this type of race I need to need time to recover. Great! I can hit the table, and get more of my feeling back. So I was able to pick up the frequency and intensity of my training with the Cary Cup just on the horizon.

My club is in the YMCA in Weston, but I can't take credit for finding it.

The owner of the fitness club where I had my club for 6 years in Coral Springs was selling is building, and Lev knew about the YMCA opening, and he talked to the person in charge to get the table tennis in. So I moved the tables in on the first day it was opened. Uri and Lev normally play every time I play.


The objective this week, SERVES, SERVES, SERVES. I had to get my serves back, so I actually did about 3 and a half hours of serves this week. I actually had my timing, spin, placement, and height down in the first 1hr session. After that I just started to fine-tune the details of all my serves.

This week I still wanted to work on stroke integrity and stroke production by doing basic and advanced drills that focused on footwork and timing. I actually didn't feel like I was so sharp, but when I looked back at the video from this week of training, I felt like I was right on target. Actually, with how well I'm serving I'm actually ahead of target. One new aspect is I'm utilizing my backhand loop more often, which has added an entire new dimension to my game with it's effectiveness.

The next 2 weeks I'll focus more on game situation type drills. Every drill will start with me making a sereve, short return over the table, or pushing deep to let my partner loop. The main objective is to get more comfortable with playing the first 3 balls at a very high level. I'm very comfortable in extended rallies, so my focus is to start the point by putting myself in an ideal situation.

Here is some highlights from this week of training.

Pacer Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home